Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A healthier life, is a happier life

        Have you noticed how much our lives are based around FOOD!? As American's we LIVE TO EAT, NOT EAT TO LIVE.  EX: wake up, "What am I going to have for breakfast? I wonder what mom packed me for lunch?" then after lunch around the end of school we're all complaining how hungry we are! get home, eat an after school snack. "What's for dinner? Is there going to be dessert?" Not to mention all the time we spend snacking in-between that.
    So recently (one week ago today actually) I started a full body cleanse! Basically it breaks the addiction ALL of us have, to artificial sugars and junk food. Well really it breaks the addiction to any sugar seeing as how it calls for no fruit for a while! I can already feel a difference in my body! :) I have more energy and can focus on things better! Although it's been hard... really hard, it has been fully worth it! :) and I haven't caved yet!


Tonight's Dinner.... :)



DETOX CLEANSE 
( glycemic, Mediterranean science ) 
  
WEEKS 1 & 2: 
               Meats: Chicken, turkey, fish, eggs. No red meat, dairy or pork, ever.
               Veggies: All, but potato's (excluding sweet potato's) lots of wild yams, mushrooms, leafy greens,
                             broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, turnips, kale, collard, water crests, tomato's,  
                             cauliflower.
               Nuts: All unsalted/seasoned nuts (no peanuts)  
               Salad Dressing: "Bragg's and or garlic, olive oil, tarragon, vinegar, pepper.

WEEKS 3 & 4:
                Add a new FRUIT each day; best = grapefruits and berries. 
                Drinks: dilute odwala, bolthouse, pure pomegranate (best), organic fruit juices (100% fresh  
                             squeezed)
WEEKS 5 & 6:
                 Add a new legume each day; best = beans, peanuts (unsalted), peas, soy, soy milk  
                (unsweetened), and lentils.
AFTER THAT:
               Add organic cereals, whole wheat breads, whole wheat (brown) pastas. Also add a Whole wheat every 3 days; corn, brown rice, wheat.          


So what I have written down is what I get to eat for the next 8-9ish weeks. I'm just finishing up week one so I have just one more week until I can eat GLORIOUS fruit!!






No comments:

Post a Comment